Can you change the name of the .pvm file

Hello
I have found the pvm file in my
Documents/Parallels/.pvm on my new installation of windows 10. However I am wondering why the file has no name commencing the .pvm as it has in the past. Am I able to name it windows10 or something like that so I know from my older installs of previous windows and parallels etc.
I would appreciate any assistance with this.
Regards
Gwen
 
Hello
I have found the pvm file in my
Documents/Parallels/.pvm on my new installation of windows 10. However I am wondering why the file has no name commencing the .pvm as it has in the past. Am I able to name it windows10 or something like that so I know from my older installs of previous windows and parallels etc.
I would appreciate any assistance with this.
Regards
Gwen
Hello Gwen Nadin, .pvm is an extension for Parallels Virtual Machine. You can change the name of your virtual machine as suggested in this article.
 
Thank you very much for that. I did that already., but still find the file extension in
Mac|User|myname|documents|Parallels|.pvm still show the file as .pvm with now prefix
Can I put windows 10 at the front of this extension at all
Warm regards
Gwen
 
Thank you Ajith for your welcome reply
I have renamed the vm, to windows 10 all good
But the file,name In Documents|Parallels did not rename the pvm file.
So am I safe to rename the document In The documents folder without having any issues,
ie to windows
You can add a name before .pvm by just right clicking the pvm file and selecting Get Info then add the name. If you wish you can also rename the VM.
Merry christmas and thanks once again
I thought I had read that if you change the .pvm file within documents you need to rename it also in the hdd file within windows?
I am a little worried to rename it and loose all my info?
 
Back
Top