Can you use spaces as virtual monitors?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PaulP14, Feb 21, 2019.

1. PaulP14

PaulP14 Bit poster

Hello,
    I would like to switch between multiple applications in my Windows VM without using coherence mode, is that possible by using spaces as extra virtual monitors?

2. ZackR1

ZackR1 Bit poster

I don't think so, I have a similar issue, but I can't find any fix... Give me a signal if you will find something helping to resolve our problem.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  3. Hi,
    There is two different ways to use your virtual machine on all monitors, but for both scenarios your need to open View menu of the virtual machine > enable 'Use All Displays in Full Screen' feature. After that simply enter Full Screen view mode and the virtual machine will extend to all displays.

When Mac displays have separate spaces

If macOS feature 'Displays have separate spaces' is enabled, you will switch between Mac and virtual machine spaces on every display independently.
    Check this https://kb.parallels.com/115171 for more info.

Please let me know if it's not that case.

4. PaulP14

PaulP14 Bit poster

I think you didn't understand me correctly. I'm using my Parallels on my MacBook without any external monitors and I would like to have multiple virtual monitors, so I can switch between these virtual monitors by swiping left/right on my trackpad like I would do with multiple desktops. If you take a look at the attached screenshot, you see two out of three spaces where TextEdit is opened. But instead of TextEdit, I would like to have the same virtual machine opened twice, with different "virtual monitors".

Attached Files:

MichaelC41 likes this.
  5. Parallels Desktop is 1 Mac app, so you can use VM in full screen and switch between Vm and your Mac desktop or another Mac apps using trackpad.
    But we cannot add Windows apps to the external virtual monitor. So, I've tested it and cannot move Win app from Win VM window.