cannot connect to internet

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by robd4, Nov 15, 2017.

1. robd4

robd4 Bit poster

Hi
    I cannot connect to the internet under any form of connection type Shared, Bridged etc), Win 10 says it connected but it isn't. I can't use a browser or start any app that requires a connection. If I use diagnose it says it can't connect to default gateway.
    Mac network fine

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

3. robd4

robd4 Bit poster

sorry, have done it 3 times. no joy

4. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @robd4 , please go to Devices > Network > Bridged > Default adapter and check if it works.
    Thanks

5. robd4

robd4 Bit poster

hi, again yes tried this to no avail.

6. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @robd4 , please let us know the version of Parallels Desktop, Mac OS and Guest OS you are using?
    Thanks

7. robd4

robd4 Bit poster

Hi Yes
    Parallels version 13.1.1
    MacOS 10.12.6
    Windows 10

Thanks

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @robd4, we released a new update Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Update 2 Hotfix 1(13.2.0-43213) and this update addresses this issue. To check for updates, click on the Parallels Desktop menu on Mac menu bar and select Check for Updates: http://kb.parallels.com/124262

9. I have the same problem running Parallels 13.3.0
    Windows networking says it's connected. I can ping websites without issue but no applications work and internet browsers say they're not connected.
    I have tried bridged and shared networking
    I've reset the network in Windows
    I've changed the network adapter type in the virtual machine to all three types that are listed.
    All of my virtual machines in Parrallels have the same issue

10. AndrewW13

AndrewW13 Bit poster

two months elapsed and no reply...

I too am having connectivity problems and have done so since 'upgrading' from Parallels 11 to Parallels 13: since then, Although other programs are able to access the 'net via my Mac's WiFi connection, IE cannot connect. I've tried using the Mac's Ethernet connection which seems better for other programs though IE refuses to cooperate. I'm also running Windows XP.
    Any suggestions beyond uninstall/reinstall PT/PD and the various commands as mentioned about configuring ips? none have worked..

11. TheNathan187

TheNathan187 Junior Member

having the same problem with parallels 12...started all of a damn sudden and looks like the only way to fix is to upgrade and pay more $$$

12. Hi TheNathan187. If you have any antivirus/firewall protection enabled on the Mac, please disable and check whether the internet connection works fine on the Windows virtual machine.

13. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    please make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Desktop menu "Help"->"Send technical data", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.