Cannot copy and paste from Mac OS to Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by john54, Apr 15, 2020.

1. john54

john54 Bit poster

After installing windows 10 I have encountered with a lot of problems:
    1. After installing Win10 it takes apr. 1 day to download and install all updates. Before it's made it's impossible to resize win10 window or even enter in fullscreen mode.
    2. Even after all updates and drivers are successfully installed sound doesn't work (drivers or something else, I don't know)
    3. I can't just copy file/folder/text from Mac OS and paste it into Win10 and vice versa (neither with hotkeys nor with drag-n-drop)
    4. Win10 perfomance is very slow

Now, can I give 100 euro for this, if it doesn't fulfill it's declared functionality?

macOS Catalina 10.15.4 MacBoo Pro 16 (2019) 16GB RAM Core I7
    Windows 10 (from official Microsoft site)

2. JamieF2

JamieF2 Bit poster

Hi
    I have the same issue. The windows VM does not have access to the mac clipboard.
    "Share mac clipboard" is checked
    "isolate windows from mac" is unchecked
    running latest version of PT
    Version 14.1.3 (45485) of Parallels
    OSX 10.15.4
    I have reinstalled PT and restarted the VM. Then restarted OSX and VM.

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 13.45.40.png Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 13.46.36.png Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 13.47.25.png Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 13.46.36.png Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 13.45.40.png Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 13.45.40.png

3. JamieF2

JamieF2 Bit poster

OK I have now upgraded to 15 and started the VM, same problem
    1. Restarted it, no improvement
    2. Isolated the windows VM, restarted, desolated VW, restarted, no improvement
    3. Shut down VM shut down parallels tool box, restarted, no improvement

Any further suggestions?

4. john54

john54 Bit poster

For the first time I used Windows 10 downloaded manually from Microsoft web-site, and Parallels version was 14.
    I have upgraded to 15 and choose "Get windows 10 from Microsoft" - everything works fine

5. JamieF2

JamieF2 Bit poster

The source of the error was that I did not have Parallels Tools installed in the Windows VM. I did not realise that this was distinct from Parallels Toolbox. Once I installed Parallels Tools in the Windows VM the functionality there. I also upgraded to Parallels 15 in the process, which was a bit annoying as now I have a trial version that I will need to pay to upgrade.

6. mike68

mike68 Bit poster

I am frustrated that I cant find any information about how to post a damn question to this forum! so im replying here because Im trying to understand how can i 'isolate my windows vm' on parallels desktop on my mac but still be able share a single folder or file with macos apps. is this possible without defeating the isolation and avoiding possible viruses? Im planning to install a 'free app' on the windows vm that allows em to record audio from a youtube video (if you must know :)