Cannot get IE to start WITHOUT full screen mode.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by tomwal, Oct 26, 2018.

1. tomwal

tomwal Bit poster

This one's a head scratcher. I tried to view Internet Explorer in full screen ONCE, in coherence mode running Windows 10 guest with Mohave. Ever since then every time I start IE in coherence it defaults back to full screen. I exit full screen, close IE, open it again, and back to full screen. I have no idea how to remove full screen as the default mode!!

This behavior is only in coherence mode. In window mode, IE starts normally on the windows desktop. I've looked through everything and can't seem to figure out how to fix this. It seems to have happened after I updated to Mohave, but I don't remember exactly when I tested this full screen mode, it was a few weeks ago at this point.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Hi tomwal. Are you experiencing the issue only with IE or any of the Mac applications is opening in full screen mode?

3. tomwal

tomwal Bit poster

Hi Sathiya,

I'm only experiencing this when I open Internet Explorer in the Windows guest OS and when I'm running Coherence mode. I tried reinstalling parallel tools but that didn't seem to work!

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @tomwal , just to confirm , once you put IE in full screen in coherence did you try putting back to normal Window and then reboot your virtual machine and tried to open IE again?

5. tomwal

tomwal Bit poster

Arun, yes that's correct. I still haven't solved this issue. ?????

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @tomwal , is it happening only with IE or any other applications on Windows virtual machine?

7. tomwal

tomwal Bit poster

I found it! When the app is active, the doc icon has a right click option for "App Settings..." in there IE was somehow set to "Use in Full Screen". I'm not sure how it happened, but that solved the issue. Thought you might like to know in case this strange behavior ever happens to you.

8. Nice to know that you were able to sort out the issue and thanks for letting us know the steps that fixed it. Please post again for additional queries.