After upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7, and Parallels Desktop from ver 8 to 9, my Mac printers no longer work. I have tried ALL of the suggestions I have found on various Parallels and Apple and Windows web sites, to no avail. I have an Intel iMac Core i7 using Mavericks.
I have tried checking the box to "Add all Mac Printers" in Configuration: Hardware: Print. When I do this, my Brother multifunction B&W laser printer and Cannon color inkjet both appear in the Winows 7 "Devices and Printers" list, but hey have the dreaded HP Color LaserJet 2800 Series PS driver. They both print, but they don't have the features I need like 2-sided printing, etc. When I select "Printer properties" after control-clicking the printer's icon in the list, I am able to insert the correct drivers using the Advanced Tab of the Properties window, but then nothing at all prints. The print queues never get populated.
I have tried deselecting the "Add all Mac Printers" box and instead installing the Bonjour Printer Wizard. But I have had to fight the wizard at each step of the process, from installation through getting it to proceed further and further through the process. Mostly it would start by showing my Mac printers, then "thinking" for quite a while before removing them and telling me there are no bonjour printers available. (I first DID set up Bonjour on the Mac side, both in the "Sharing" and the "Printers & Scanners" system prefs.) Then I tried various things. First I gave the wizard full admin privileges. After rebooting and rerunning the wizard and waiting a while longer for it to "think", it finally restored the list of my Mac printers. When I proceeded with the wizard, it would finally crash on the last step, confirmation. I tried this 5 or 6 times, with lots of reboots, etc. I also tried the approach of telling the wizard to run in compatibility mode, but that mode also erased all my icons after initially listing them.
I even tried adding a Printer to the Parallels Configuration: Hardware menu, but that printer also would not print.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried for hours and hours over about a 5-day period.
I have tried checking the box to "Add all Mac Printers" in Configuration: Hardware: Print. When I do this, my Brother multifunction B&W laser printer and Cannon color inkjet both appear in the Winows 7 "Devices and Printers" list, but hey have the dreaded HP Color LaserJet 2800 Series PS driver. They both print, but they don't have the features I need like 2-sided printing, etc. When I select "Printer properties" after control-clicking the printer's icon in the list, I am able to insert the correct drivers using the Advanced Tab of the Properties window, but then nothing at all prints. The print queues never get populated.
I have tried deselecting the "Add all Mac Printers" box and instead installing the Bonjour Printer Wizard. But I have had to fight the wizard at each step of the process, from installation through getting it to proceed further and further through the process. Mostly it would start by showing my Mac printers, then "thinking" for quite a while before removing them and telling me there are no bonjour printers available. (I first DID set up Bonjour on the Mac side, both in the "Sharing" and the "Printers & Scanners" system prefs.) Then I tried various things. First I gave the wizard full admin privileges. After rebooting and rerunning the wizard and waiting a while longer for it to "think", it finally restored the list of my Mac printers. When I proceeded with the wizard, it would finally crash on the last step, confirmation. I tried this 5 or 6 times, with lots of reboots, etc. I also tried the approach of telling the wizard to run in compatibility mode, but that mode also erased all my icons after initially listing them.
I even tried adding a Printer to the Parallels Configuration: Hardware menu, but that printer also would not print.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried for hours and hours over about a 5-day period.