Cannot install Parallels Desktop on macOS Big Sur

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Jackie, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Jackie

Jackie Bit poster

I am currently trying to install Parallels Desktop 16.0.1 on macOS Big Sur Version 11.0 Beta.

I receive the error "To complete Parallels Desktop setup, please restart your Mac."

I've attempted to reboot a few times and it has not resolved the issue - the error persists.

I referenced this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/125039 but to no avail.

2. Hello, could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduce please and then post the report's ID here.
    It looks like a known issue and Parallels Engineering Team are currently working on the resolution, but more technical data will be very helpful.

3. Jackie

Jackie Bit poster

Report ID is 349857957

4. Thanks a lot for the provided report. We've forwarded it to the Parallels Engineering team for the further investigation.
    Once we het any updates we will contact you here.

5. yyx

yyx Bit poster

Hi
    I have same problem and my Report ID is 350353964
    Please also help to take a look

6. Thank you for the provided information.
    Just transferred it to the Parallels Engineering Team.
    Once we get any updates we will let you know.

7. Hello guys, please update your macOS to the beta 9 and check the issue
    Please share any results with us

8. RickK1

RickK1 Member

I just installed Big Sur Beta 10 (20A5395g), and have the same problem. At first, launching Parallels 16 (which I had installed on Catalina) showed this problem, so I decided to uninstall Parallels 16 and reinstall Parallels 16, but still get "To complete Parallels Desktop setup, please restart your Mac.". The install shows files being installed, and Parallels Desktop 'initializing'. A window then pops up showing Parallels Desktop starting, followed by the window asking me to restart my Mac. There is no Parallels Desktop icon in the Applications folder.

9. Hi, Parallels Engineering team are working on the resolution.
    Once we get any news we will update you here.

10. Hello guys, we would like to inform you that Parallels Desktop update 16.1.0 has been release recently.
    Please update your Parallels Desktop version to the latest build and check the issue.
    Please share any results with us.