Cannot install parallels on new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SpacedCowboy, Aug 5, 2014.

1. SpacedCowboy

SpacedCowboy Bit poster

So, I have just got a new Mac Pro, and I'm trying to install parallels on it. This is the first time I've seen:

"Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Please purchase a new product license".

I go through a lot of Macs, but there's only me using the software. I can't see any place where I can deauthorize a previous Mac (and I don't have access to all of them anyway, they've been formatted and sent on) but I don't see why I should pay for another license when I'm the only one using the software!

No useful knowledge base articles either, or even any information on how many times you *can* install Parallels - up until now I didn't know there was even a limit!

Not happy

Simon

2. SpacedCowboy

SpacedCowboy Bit poster

Still can't install. Just saying.

Hmm. Perhaps I need to start shouting... HEY PARALLELS, WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO ?

Simon.

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

AFAIK, you have two activations for each license key, after that the counter has to be manually reset in Parallels servers, you'll have to ask support/file a ticket to ask for the counter to be reset, or maybe some of the Parallels personnel will see this thread and send you a message.

"The Parallels End User License Agreement permits one copy of the software to be activated by a single license key on a single computer."

You'll see in these forums a lot of threads about the same issue.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  4. SpacedCowboy

SpacedCowboy Bit poster

Indeed, having contacted support, the nice lady reset my counter, and once I get a chance to reboot the Mac (it's busy running EDA software for the next few hours) I ought to be able to install parallels.

Simon