Cannot install Windows 10 in PD 11

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AliciaH, Aug 23, 2015.

1. AliciaH

AliciaH Bit poster

I purchased Windows 10 (not upgrade) and I'm trying to install in a new VM. The first steps get done nicely. It even goes as far as to reboot the VM and shows the messages "Getting devices Ready" and "Getting ready". After a while a pop-up warning appears with the legend "Windows could not complete The Installation. To Install Windows in this computer restart installation". The only way to make the pop up disappear is to stop the installation. After stopping it I tried reinstalling Windows but the problem was recurrent. I even tried reinstalling Parallel but the problem persisted.

2. JoseA3

JoseA3 Bit poster

Hi Alicia. Same problem here!

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi JoseA3,

Try to uncheck Express Installation in Parallels Wizard and complete Windows installation. Don't forget to install Parallels Tools after installing Windows.

Thanks,
    Ajith M.

4. KokuG

KokuG Bit poster

Hello Ajith@Parallels, I am on Parallels 13 and having the issues you have mentioned but the solutions proposed above is not resolving my issue. Can you assist please?

5. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers