Cannot Install Windows 8.1 on Parallels 11

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KeithM1, Nov 23, 2015.

1. KeithM1

KeithM1 Bit poster

I'm having a lot of trouble. I cannot submit a call to tech support nor will an email go through with my code. i think it is because I purchased Parallels 10 and then returned it when I found out that i could not get tech support calls with it and then purchased 11. Is there any way this can be rectified? It's extremely frustrating that this is my only hope of finding help for a very expensive product.

On top of that, I am trying to install windows 8.1 with Parallels 11, but it is simply not reading the disc. Is it even compatible? Please help, this is very frustrating.

Attached Files:

2. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Please register you Parallels Desktop to get your support code as per this article and to install Windows 8.1 in Parallels Desktop, please download the ISO from this link and follow the steps given in the article once you have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file.

3. KeithM1

KeithM1 Bit poster

So is there no way I can use the Windows 8.1 disc that I have? I absolutely have to download Windows 10 through your software?

4. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

We request you to install Windows 8.1 in Parallels Desktop by downloading the ISO from Microsoft and use your existing key to activate it.