Cannot uninstall and even Bluescreen!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by oom, Aug 26, 2011.

1. oom

oom Bit poster

I installed the Parallels Desktop for Windows and Linux 4.0.6630.449744 on my Windows 7 machine, after a while I found that all my usb ports didn't recognize devices any more. When I try to uninstall the software, it prompts an error saying "Error 1921: Service Parallel USB Manager could not be stopped..." I checked the Services in the control panel. Indeed, there's no such service(I don't know how it get removed or does it exist at all), only Parallel networking and virtualization service. And the annoying thing is, this error have two options : Retry or Cancel. The first one is a dead loop. The second one will cancel the whole uninstall. Sometimes, if I choose the uninstall, I even got bluescreen, with BC code 7f(the related driver is prl_usb_mng64.sys, any idea how to remove the driver manually from command line?) And when I try to use the original installation file to do a "Repair" first(which most software have), there is no such option, it directs me to uninstall like what I did from control panel. So now, Parallels Desktop becomes a zombie that I can't uninstall with usb messed up. It's reaaaally a bad experience. Any suggestion about how to completely remove the software. Thanks,

--Ryan

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  2. Alex Commandor

Alex Commandor Bit poster

First of all, sorry for my bad english :(

For those who still have same problem when uninstalling Parallels Workstation from Windows 7:

I've had same error while uninstalling: "1921 blabla unable to stop Parallels USB Device manager...". I've found solution after a half-hour searching. You need manually remove this service from registry before launch uninstall. Necessary key is present in registry but not present in Service Manager! (bump!). The key is "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Parallels USB Device Manager". Just remove key with all subkeys then run Uninstaller. After that Uninstall works fine and removes all applications components.