Anthony Sbarro
Member
What are the proper settings for my VM (Windows XP) to get an ip address from my router?
For some reason, no matter what I've tried, I can't get it to work (@work).
For background, our company blocks most ports on dynamically assigned devices. My MacBook Pro is within a pool of static IP Addresses that is wide open. I'd like to verify that I have connection to the router before I input my static IP for Windows XP. I can choose Shared network and access the web, but I need Windows to be within the pool of Static IPs for other devices on my network to communicate with it. I have literally spent a combined 24+ hours trying to figure this out. Now, when I go home and I just have a run of the mill network and an Apple Airport Extreme, all is fine.
Thanks.
For some reason, no matter what I've tried, I can't get it to work (@work).
For background, our company blocks most ports on dynamically assigned devices. My MacBook Pro is within a pool of static IP Addresses that is wide open. I'd like to verify that I have connection to the router before I input my static IP for Windows XP. I can choose Shared network and access the web, but I need Windows to be within the pool of Static IPs for other devices on my network to communicate with it. I have literally spent a combined 24+ hours trying to figure this out. Now, when I go home and I just have a run of the mill network and an Apple Airport Extreme, all is fine.
Thanks.