Can't Activate Windows 10 on Parallels 16

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ZshawnR, Sep 23, 2020.

1. ZshawnR

ZshawnR Bit poster

Hello everyone,

I downloaded Parallels today onto my Macbook Pro 2018 with Touchpad and was able to successfully set it up so I can use windows. However, in the bottom right of my wallpaper it tells me I need to activate Windows. I am hitting "activate windows" and entering a product key and it just doesn't work. What the heck is going on? Why can't I activate the full version of windows 10?

Attached Files:

2. Hello, are you using Parallels Desktop license key for the Windows activation?
    We would like to inform you that Parallels Desktop for Mac does not include Microsoft® Windows.
    Please check this KB article for more information and let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. ZshawnR

ZshawnR Bit poster

Hello Maria, thank you for the response.

I am not quite sure what you mean by this. I installed windows through Parallel but then after that, I purchased a full Windows 10 Home Edition product key and tried to change my product key to the new one so that I have full access. It seems to not be working even though I purchased a genuine product key from microsoft..

4. Please sorry for the misunderstanding.
    If you're having an issue with MS Windows activation please contact MS Support for the issue resolution.