can't change screen resolution (Windows 10)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by NikoG, Apr 20, 2017.

1. SimonB8

SimonB8 Bit poster

I have the same problem as described above and i've tried all the steps that has been mentioned in this thread but no success. It's just stuck at 1024x768 and this happened after I upgraded parallels to 13.2

I can't access my macbook over the network anymore either.

When i try the "reinstall parallels tools" step, the screen resolution changes to the correct resolution during the installation but the installation fails at 51% and says that I have to reboot my windows and after reboot the same problem is back.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @SimonB8 If you have Windows Defender on the virtual machine, please disable it and try to install the Parallels Desktop and also, please refer to this article http://kb.parallels.com/8969 and check it helps. Thanks, Shathish

3. SteveF7

SteveF7 Bit poster

Hi,
    Have same problem and none of the above seems to work
    Have 2017 iMac with 32gb and running High Sierra.
    Have Windows 8.1 to which I upgraded to Windows 10 but the Parallels VM window still says Windows 8.1
    (It was working fine on the Windows 8.1)
    Have Parallels 10 and upgraded to Parallels 15
    Have tried to change the windows resolution but it doesn't seem to work (Using the two RED Bars in Toolbar and changing resolution changes my iMAC which does change the Parallels window but all of my iMAC screen is much smaller. (not the solution obviously)
    Have included screen on Windows that says ms-settings:display "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install program or, if one already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."
    Not sure how to do this or where or what exactly to install....
    Any help appreciated.
    Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 7.52.14 AM.png File Missing-ms-settings display.png Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 7.52.14 AM.png File Missing-ms-settings display.png