Can't Click in Coherence - Catalina

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Bryce1, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Bryce1

Bryce1 Bit poster

I upgraded to Catalina because the emails from Parallels told me it would run even better than Mojave. Needless to say Mojave runs the new version fantastic! I am disappointed after upgrading to Catalina. Coherence mode works as far as I can see everything and I can use the keyboard but the mouse can't click anything in coherence. If I exit Coherence it works but I would prefer how I had it before especially with the real estate of my screens on the Mac.
    I don't see anyone else having these issues so I am wondering what is going one.

This is a 2019 Macbook Pro 16" migrated from a 2019 15" MPB.
    Running
    Catalina 10.15.1
    Parallels version number 15.1.1

I've tried reinstalling Parallels tools but it makes no difference.

2. Hi, please try to add this bootflag device.usb.mouse=0 and check.
    Also check this issue with auto-detect for games option in VM config.

3. Bryce1

Bryce1 Bit poster

Hello Maria, Do I add that flag to the Boot.ini file?

4. Bryce1

Bryce1 Bit poster

Hello Maria,
    I figured out where to add the flag but it made no difference. The mouse still does not work in coherence. I can record a video if you want.

thanks!

5. It will be great.
    Also does your mouse work in Full screen or Windows mode?
    One more thing, please reproduce the issue and collect the tech report right after that and post the report's id here.
    Looking forward to your reply.

6. Bryce1

Bryce1 Bit poster

Hello Maria,

The mouse works in Full Screen and windows mode, just not Coherence mode.
    After much testing I found out Coherence does work as long as I don't have the computer attached to a dock suck as the CalDigit TS3+. Once the computer is connected to a dock or second screen connected to the dock it will not longer function. You can see the start menu but even hovering over items does not recognize that the mouse is there.

7. Thank you for your reply.
    Could you collect the tech.report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

8. Bryce1

Bryce1 Bit poster

Here is the report:
    Just to confirm, if the computer is not connected to the external displays, it works as it's supposed to.