can't connect on the internet

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DanieleL, Mar 3, 2017.

1. DanieleL

DanieleL Bit poster

downloaded and installed correctly both parallels desktop and win10.
    now I cannot connect to the internet while I'm on windows.
    Edge does not connect, neither I can install Avast.
    Actually I downloaded .exe Avast using Safari (on iOs environment) then cut/paste on win10, but it seems the installer .exe needs to connect before be able to install avast, but the connection doesn't work.

How to do? it seems extremely complicated to use.

I'm connected from home via wifi and on iOS everything works perfectly

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello DanieleL, please reinstall Parallels tools and let us know how it goes.

3. DanieleL

DanieleL Bit poster

hi, how to reinstall parallels tools?
    I guess I have first to uninstall it, right?
    I google how to do it but cannot follow this steps (maybe because I have Sierra 10.12.3):

Removing from Mac OS X Server Leopard

1. Start the virtual machine, and log in to the guest OS.
    2. To remove Parallels Tools, you should connect and mount the prl-tools-mac.iso image and launch Parallels Tools Installer. See Installing Parallels Tools in Mac OS X for detailed information how you can do it.
    3. Open the mounted image of the disc and double-click the Uninstall Parallels Tools icon to start the uninstallation.
    4. In the Welcome window, click Uninstall. Enter the password when prompted.
    5. In the Uninstallation window, you can see the process of Parallels Tools being removed from your virtual machine.
    6. In the Uninstallation Completed window, click Restart to finish the uninstallation and quit the assistant.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi DanieleL, you have not to uninstall Parallels Tools manually. Start your virtual machine and in the Mac menu click on Actions (Virtual Machine in older versions) > Install Parallels Tools to reinstall Parallels Tools and let us know how it works.

5. DanieleL

DanieleL Bit poster

hi, could you be more specific please?
    I don't see any ACTIONS to click.
    I attach a screenshot for better understanding

Attached Files:

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Your virtual machine is in Suspend mode. You've to start your Windows 10 virtual machine to get "Action" tab on Mac Menu bar.

7. DanieleL

DanieleL Bit poster

hi, I did as you said (reinstall parallels tools), but I still cannot connect while I am using windows 10.
    on the bottom right there is this icon (see attachment)
    Please, do you have any visual tutorial? Or do you have any chat I can contact?
    Because, I appreciate the forum but it is taking ages.
    thanks

Attached Files:

8. DanieleL

DanieleL Bit poster

See screenshot of windows 10 login.
    In case I was typing the wrong password (I'm sure it was correct, but just to get rid of any doubts), I changed the Microsoft password.
    But I still get the same problem. I cannot connect to the wifi (via Mac iOS I have no problem, but via Parallels, it doesn't connect).this problem also doesn't allow me to login into my WIN10 because if no wifi, seems I cannot login. Please see other attachment.
    Could you please provide me a phone number to talk with someone?
    thanks

Attached Files:

9. JohnT14

JohnT14 Bit poster

I don't know how to connect to internet on Parallels, can someone please help. I have tried reinstalling toolbox and set network 1 to Wi-fi but it still does not work. Cant use anything in Windows to connect.

10. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello JohnT14, please check and adjust the virtual machine configuration:

Please click on two red lines(On the Mac menu bar) > Configuration > Hardware > Network 1 > Source and make sure the Disconnect option in the list is not chosen.
    If Network 1 is not present, please click + sign at the bottom of the configuration window to add a new adapter. Then follow the Creation Wizard. Check to see which networking mode is selected, Shared or Bridged. Try switching between the two, then switching back.

NOTE: If you are using the wireless connection on your Mac and Bridged network in the virtual machine, make sure your Wi-Fi router (AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule, etc.) is not configured to provide Wi-Fi access by Mac address and see if this helps. Thanks!

11. JohnT14

JohnT14 Bit poster

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried this and many other solutions that I have read about on here but still can't connect.
    Is there any way someone could help me remotely ?
    I have no trouble using parallels with windows XP but just can't get internet.

12. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi JohnT14, please submit your support request by clicking here. We will check and help you.