can't connect to 2003 r2 server

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by ghinky, Dec 6, 2006.

1. ghinky

ghinky Guest

When I connect to a 2003 R2 Term Server I get the following message on the client:

"A specific Terminal Server was not found. Please inform your system administrator."

It works fine if I connect to a non-R2 2003 server and it even works fine if I use a 2003 R2 server as the Gateway and a 2003 server as the TS. I can RDP directly to the 2003 R2 server also, I just can't use a 2x published app. Any ideas?

Oh, and all servers are fully patched.

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

When you get "A specific Terminal Server was not found", your application is published on a terminal server that cannot be reached.

1. Make sure that you have the terminal server listed under the Terminal server page in the console.

2. Make sure that the terminal server has the agent installed on it. (Press the check agent button to confirm this.)

3. In the publishing settings, make sure that the application is "Published from" the server that you have just have verified.

Regards

Nixu

3. ghinky

ghinky Guest

checked all of that

I checked your suggestions and they were all set correctly. It doesn't work. If I use a 2003 Terminal Server it works just fine but the 2003 R2 gives the error message I described before.

4. ghinky

ghinky Guest

admin error

I figured it out. If you have multiple gateways pointing to the same terminal server then whichever one was pointing to the TS first will work. The second one will not.

This makes some sense since when you click Check Agent it gives the IP of the Gateway server that's using that TS.

But how then do you set up multile GW servers for fail over. You can specify primary and secondary servers in the client but if both servers have the same config (they both point to the same terminal servers) then only one will work at a time. To fail over you'd manually have to go in to the gateways and grab the terminal servers by checking and unchecking them.

Am I doing something wrong or is this the way it is? Is the secondary server supposed to be for an entirely separate farm?

5. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

Take a look at this post:
    http://forums.2x.com/viewtopic.php?t=342

What you are missings is step number 5

5) On the Secondary Server change the 'Priority' registry key in 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\2X\2XManagmentConsole\Connection' to the value 1.*

Follow the post step by step and you should be able to set up multile servers for fail over.

Regards

Nixu