Can't connect to internet/network in Parallels 5

SimonK

Bit poster
I have upgraded to 5, not sure why as 3 was ok, now I have no internet access. I need to lodge reports online via PC software which I now can't do.....
I have re installed tools loads of times, typed cmd.exe and ipconfig/all but I get a blank screen, tried other bits seen on the forums and still nothing.....help..
 
Please Right-click "My Computer" -> "Manage" -> "Device Manager", unfold the "Network Adapters" and send a problem report using menu of Parallels Desktop "Help"->"Report a Problem" and post here the report ID.
 
The problem ID is 876087

Most likely there is a software conflict in Windows, because VPN-clients likely provide own FireWall

For the first, please try to uninstall the Parallels Internet Security and reboot Windows. Check the ipconfig /all output.

If it is still empty, please click "Start" -> "Run" and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window two commands (without quotes):

netsh interface ip reset resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset

then reboot Windows
 
Report ID

I have uninstalled Parallels Internet Security and the Sonic VPN client as I don't use it anymore. The report id is 879102, I have managed to get the ipconfig to appear this time. but still no connection. It does flash under the network icon while things are booting in the background, however once everything is loaded it stops flashing.
 
I have uninstalled Parallels Internet Security and the Sonic VPN client as I don't use it anymore. The report id is 879102, I have managed to get the ipconfig to appear this time. but still no connection. It does flash under the network icon while things are booting in the background, however once everything is loaded it stops flashing.

Ok, I see.
Please try the commands with netsh, they should solve the problem

please click "Start" -> "Run" and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window two commands (without quotes):

netsh interface ip reset resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset
 
Back
Top