Can't connect to the Internet on Windows VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by FlorianB1, Apr 8, 2020.

1. FlorianB1

FlorianB1 Bit poster

Hi,
    My Windows 10 VM used to run perfectly smoothly but now all of the sudden there is no Internet connection out of Windows.
    I've been through everything in https://kb.parallels.com/8978 but to no avail.
    What is very weird though is that there is no network adapter either named Parallels Desktop or named after my VM.
    Any idea on how to reinstall such an adapter? I've posted a screenshot of the Device Manager on Windows.
    I've reinstalled Parallels Tools first obviously and as mentioned followed everything in the aforementioned KB.
    Thanks a lot for your help,
    Florian

Attached Files:

2. GowthamR@Parallels

GowthamR@Parallels Member

@FlorianB1 Hi, please uninstall Intel(R) Gigabit network connection on the device manager and shutdown the virtual machine. Open virtual machine's configuration > Hardware > Network mode > Advanced > change the type to Intel 1000MT driver > start the virtual machine and check this issue again.

3. NathanE3

NathanE3 Bit poster

I'm having this issue too. It happened to both of my Windows VMs yesterday. I tried everything from DHCP release/renew, disable/enable the adapter, rebooting, shutdown and start. The only thing that fixed it in the end was to reboot the entire Mac OSX.

I tried installing a brand new Windows 10 v2004 VM from scratch. This too - once it got to the desktop had no network connectivity. As above - nothing but a full Mac OSX reboot would make the issue go away.

Been using Parallels for years and I've never had this before.

Also today I started my VM and the same issue. No network connectivity inside the VM. This time just rebooting the VM was sufficient to make it work again.

@GowthamR@Parallels - can you explain the reasoning behind changing the setting to Intel 1000MT NIC? Has some sort of stability issue been found with the Intel Gigabit CT (82574L) NIC?

For observers we are talking about the setting here:

upload_2020-6-9_8-58-10.png

4. Hello, do you have this issue with Shared network only?