Can't Copy and Paste from Mac to PC

Mike_Chicago

Bit poster
Since upgrading to version 8 I have been unable to copy and paste from Mac applications to PC applications. I have Windows 7. I have checked to make sure that the clipboard is shared and it is. I have checked to make sure that Parallels Tools is running. It is. I have the latest build installed. Can anyone help? This is very frustrating!!
 
May I ask, why does this happen? I have had this happen three times, it's very annoying to have to restore them this way.
 
Hi Andrew, Didn't work for me

Hi Mike,

Please reinstall Parallels Tools by clicking on Virtual Machine > Reinstall Parallels Tools.

Hi Andrew,

I just reinstalled parallels tools with Parallels 8 and the copy/paste feature between mac and windows is still not working, although other features regarding having parallels tools installed are. In the settings under 'advanced' i've checked and unchecked "Share Mac clipboard" to no avail. Any ideas?
 
Hi Andrew, Same here...copy and paste not working.

I reinstalled 'tools' and checked that the 'Share Mac clipboard' option is checked.

Nothing seems to work after the update today.
 
Hi Andrew, Same here...copy and paste not working.

I reinstalled 'tools' and checked that the 'Share Mac clipboard' option is checked.

Nothing seems to work after the update today.

Ditto for me.. Checked the settings and reinstalled tools. No dice.
 
I do have this problem for a long time now. First, it appears at my XP-VM, Win7-VM was working fine. Since 2 days the Win7-VM has the same problems...

Strange...

Dirk

PS I am working with Parallels Desktop 7.0.15107
 
Having the same problem

Ditto for me.. Checked the settings and reinstalled tools. No dice.

This is very frustrating (you probably could've guessed that). I've tried all the direct, obvious, and esoteric solutions I've seen out there:

Reinstall Parallels tools - fail
Ensure Advanced>Copy & Paste>Share Mac clipboard is checked - fail
Ensure Secruity>Integration>Isolate Mac from Windows is unchecked - fail
Ensure Shared Profile is checked - fail
Try setting Time to "Sync from either OS" - fail (though several said this worked for them)
Boil a chicken's shadow at midnight - fail

Severely limits the usefulness of this tool. Seems to be a recurring problem from version to version for some subset of users.

Is there any answer from Parallels on why this happens and how to reverse the problem?!?

Need help!

Thanks

Running Parallels Build 8.0.18608 (Revision 898384; July 17, 2013) on OS X 10.8.4 with a Win-7 VM fully patched and updated.
 
Last edited:
I am unable to copy/paste into or out of Parallels (Access specifically) running Parallels 12 for Mac - brand new install today. The Windows 8 Configuration is set for Mac clipboard sharing. It didn't work in version 11 either, I thought version 12 might have a fix, as this is a critical feature. It looks like the quality hasn't improved since msw70 last wrote, although it did work at one point. Please help.
 
I am unable to copy/paste into or out of Parallels (Access specifically) running Parallels 12 for Mac - brand new install today. The Windows 8 Configuration is set for Mac clipboard sharing. It didn't work in version 11 either, I thought version 12 might have a fix, as this is a critical feature. It looks like the quality hasn't improved since msw70 last wrote, although it did work at one point. Please help.
In order to resolve the copy paste issue between the virtual machine and Mac, please follow the steps outlined in the KB articles.
 
Back
Top