can't find "Microsoft Store" in windows11

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by saqib4, Oct 15, 2021.

1. saqib4

saqib4 Bit poster

once I install windows11, I don't see the Microsoft store anywhere. it shows an error. I am unable to add any app in windows11

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please help us with the screenshot of the error so that we can check and help you out. Thanks, Parallels Team.

3. patrickv8

patrickv8 Bit poster

I kind of have the same problem.
    i don't see the MICROSOFT STORE app anywhere. it seems like it has never been installed.
    I tried to reinstall it with powershell without success after that I did a new windows install again and still the same

4. GeoffreyZ

GeoffreyZ Member

5. patrickv8

patrickv8 Bit poster

wow your a live safer, I did try the wsreset but not with the -I switch.

works like a charm now !

6. saqib4

saqib4 Bit poster

yes i tried that didnt work

7. jonnyss

jonnyss Junior Member

thanks for the tip, but i'm a mac user, not that familiar with pc environments, so several of instructions don't make sense to me. can anyone guide me?
    1) "run the virtual machine and from it download..." first of all, does run the virtual machine mean run parallels or run windows 11?
    2) where is "from it" in parallels? on a mac i can't simply download. i have to go to a web browser or to the app store, etc. i tried searching storex86 with the edge browser, then downloading it, but nothing seemed to happen.