Can't find Original Activation Key

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by goughjustin, Jan 19, 2011.

1. goughjustin

goughjustin Bit poster

I was using Parallels 5 for over a year, I just upgraded to Parallels 6 and paid the $50 and was sent an activation Key.

Once I upgraded, I was asked to type in my Parallels 6 key. Once I did this I was prompted to type in my old key for Parallels 5 (MCBDVQ-XQR8F8-X02PXA-P7ZS9F-GDPK4P). This was a trial key, but I did purchase after the trial, as I have been using parallels for over a year!

The Parallels 5 key was not accepted and I could not troubleshoot why this was happening.

I need to access my Win 7 Virtual Machine for work. To continue working I went ahead and clicked on the Parallels 6 Trial button. So now I am using this key (P61BMS-5KDX2A-1062S1-FDJ39T-8CTNBC).

I now have only 14 days to get this up and running again, and not be under the 14 day trial period.

Whta can I do? I have already paid the $54.74 (Order number: 6818082026
    Received: January 19, 2011). Can we apply this money to the current Parallels 6 trial version I am currently using???

Thanks
    Justin

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  2. CJF464

CJF464 Bit poster

I am having similar issues - parallels should be asking for your previous activation code BEFORE they allow you to upgrade and then just send everyone the same product! Good luck!

3. PatrickJ

PatrickJ Member

Go here: https://www.parallels.com/account/

You should be able to see your keys under the "My Registered Products" link when you sign in. It'll show you any/all trial and retail keys you've used.