Can't forward ports on an M2 mac

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Mark53, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Mark53

Mark53 Bit poster

Basically the title. New computer, new install of parallels 18, whenever I try to set up port forwarding in either the UI or CLI I get:

Failed to update Virtual Network Shared: The specified values for the "Shared" network conflict with your Mac's network settings and won't be applied. Please correct virtual network settings and try again.
    Note that I've tried forwarding random ports like 31923, no luck. Obviously it's not a conflict with my network settings, I'm guessing parallels doesn't have access to do something, but I've no idea how to debug this.

Exact command I'm running:
    /usr/local/bin/prlsrvctl net set Shared --nat-tcp-add tcp899,899,9828c048-fc4e-4d56-87fe-a9d8f69cd9d7,899​

2. RichardD30

RichardD30 Member

We are experiencing the same. Very frustrating.

3. StephenH25

StephenH25 Bit poster

Just in case anyone else stumbles upon this issue, I had this error message and turning my wifi off and then running the command seemed to make it work.

4. David133

David133

For anyone else that encounters this issue (when turning wifi on and off doesnt help): In my case it was a VPN that used an IP in the same range as one of the networks.

Hint: Using Help -> Send Technical Data you can get access to a lot of logfiles (without actually having to send them). I was able to debug my problem this way.