Can't get Parallels Pro to install on new MacBook Pro w/M1 Max 32gb Ram computer

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ChristianC10, Nov 1, 2021.

1. ChristianC10

ChristianC10 Bit poster

Doesn't seem like the is a separate DMG for Parallels Pro? I went through the installation after upgrading and still get the same message about needing to upgrade to Pro although I already did.

Do I have to download separate Windows 11 vhmx file specific to Parallels Pro? If so, where do I get this image?

Also Parallels claims to have 24/7 phone and/or chat costumer service with an active subscription but no technical support phone number listed anywhere to be found once logging in?

2. ChristianC10

ChristianC10 Bit poster

Issue solved, but in the case that someone else has a similar issue: you can activate your pro license from the installer launcher by right-clicking the icon in your dock and until you do this, you won't be able to complete your installation of Windows 11 Preview on ARM.

Unrelated; I admit it took me nearly 1 hr to think of this easy fix, that is on me, but in this whole time I did not hear back from Parallels customer support and had the hardest time even just making a ticket-- really disappointed, Parallels really needs to make this process more user friendly. Especially considering they only offer support to paying subscribers to begin with.

Vic3 likes this.
  3. sembree

sembree Bit poster

How is Parallels running on the M1 Max? Also trying to determine whether I should upgrade to the 32GB. I mostly use it for business applications, not gaming.