Can't install 3846 update

JoeG

Bit poster
When I try to install the 3846 update, I get the message that some component is missing. If I try to open the disk image, I get the error 'codec overun'. I have download the updater twice manually after it initially downloaded automatically. I'm running 10.5.8 on a MacPro and the program itself seems to run fine with Windows XP, 7 and Ubuntu.
 
I have attached a screenshot - error.jpg

It says,

The following disk image failed to mount
ParallelsDesktop-parallels-en_US-4.0.3846.436204.dmg codec overun
 

Attachments

  • error.jpg
    error.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 3
Having similar problem - "resource busy"

Hi,
I get a similar problem - when I double-click the .dmg, I get a 'resource busy' error (see screengrab).

Is it just a corrupt file? I don't really want to download it again, if it will have the same result. :-)

thanks
 

Attachments

  • resource busy.png
    resource busy.png
    33 KB · Views: 0
Hello,

Please follow these steps in regards to the issue:

Restart MAC, don't start any applications. Uninstall Parallels Desktop using the .dmg file:

http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

Now, please follow these steps :

1. Open Finder.
2. Go to Applications/Utilities/Disk Utilities.
3. Choose MAC HD.
4. Choose repair disk permissions.
After running the repair disk permissions , restart the computer. Install Parallels Desktop.

http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=3810
 
How can I uninstall Parallels using the .dmg when the problem is that the dmg won't mount in the first place? I have already tried fixing permissions and they are all fixed. Launching the disk image just gives an error - "codec overrun"
 
This is a joke! I have been instructed to turn off the firewall in my router because it is causing corruption of the download. I have been using Macs since 1984 and have NEVER been asked to modify my firewall for ANY download before. This is a very wrong and unprofessional request. Why has no download before been corrupted by the firewall? Why has Parallels programmers produced a download that requires the fiewall to be disabled unless there is something nefarious going on? This is at best, bad practice and at worst reprehensible!
 
Can't install update 3846

I've been having a similar problem installing the update 3846.

I get the set up wizard ok, but after clicking next, the program just stops and nothing happened.
After a while the installation wizard pops up again, but it stops working.

This goes on and on.

I really could use some help with this guys...

Thanks!
 
There seems to be another way

I have been through the same experience where the download is done, but the Installer crashes before it can do the installation. I tried Repairing Permissions and disabling the Firewall on my Mac, and restarting, but that did not help. I cannot find a firewall on my router to turn off.

Then I remembered that the download had been saved to my Download file. So I went there, found the download as a .dmg file, and double clicked to do an install. That worked at last.

In any case, this is a bug that Parallels should fix ASAP.
 
Back
Top