Can't install and open PD15 on Catalina

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SachinK3, Dec 9, 2019.

1. SachinK3

SachinK3 Bit poster

Hello, after Catalina install I wasn't able to start PD12. I bought PD15, download it and try to install. It stopped on step "remove old version". I restarted OSX and installation was (may be) successful. I tried to open app but it stopped in very first step, I can't start app and I have no access to my Windows 10. Whan can I do?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019
  2. SachinK3

SachinK3 Bit poster

Can Someone please help me!!

3. Hi, please restart your Mac, completely remove Parallels Desktop, and then download newest version from this link and install it.
    Please let u s know how does it work.

4. MathiasK4

MathiasK4 Bit poster

Hi,
    i have exactly the same problem. I tried to install PD15 - after the first fail i removed everything manually (including all Boxes) and restarted.
    Also installing this VirtualizationSDK didint work. I always end up with this screen.
    MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

Attached Files:

5. Could you please try to completely uninstall Parallels Desktop and download latest version from this link and try to install it again.

6. LaerteM

LaerteM Bit poster

Hi.
    Install.app don't start. I'm trying on a fresh Catalina install, so, no previous version installed. The entire disk was erased. When I click over Install icon, I can see in monitor that the app isn't responding. And it crashes after 2 seconds, without any message or screen opening.
    Best regards,
    Laerte

7. If you have any antivirus/firewall setting enabled on the Mac, please disable and try the installation once again.