Can't install Parallels Tools on Windows 10 TP

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BeebarbX, Nov 10, 2014.

1. imacken

imacken Hunter

Well, it's not broken for me. Works perfectly as 'Windows 10' type. Has done for some time.

2. AndreasM_FFM

AndreasM_FFM Bit poster

Hi,
    i run yosemite 10.10.3 on Paralles Version 10.2.1 (29006), Windows 10 (10074)
    PT does not install. I did the following:
    1. Click start
    2. Type "run"
    3. Type %temp% click OK.
    4. Locate PrlToolsPackages Double click to open it.
    5. Right click on "set up" - click run as administrator.
    6. Click next to install parallels Tools continue with the installation and check there is any error message. provide us a screenshot of the error,
    then the Installation came up with a message: Failed to install driverprl_tg
    I don´t knw to me this could be a rights issue with a folder?

Any suggestion appreciated

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  3. @AndreasM_FFM please try following:
    1. Start your Windows virtual machine -> click on Start and type in the "Search" box "cmd" -> on the top of the list please right click on the "Command prompt" and choose run as administrator
    2. In the Command prompt window please type the following command:

sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

3. Restart your Virtual machine and reintsall Parallels Tools.

4. AndreasM_FFM

AndreasM_FFM Bit poster

Hi,
    thanx a lot for the fast answer. Unfortunately this does not help. After the scan (as admin) and reboot, same problem the PT install stops after 55% with the same error.

5. MauroL

MauroL Bit poster

I'm having the same problem in Paralles Tools installation
    when you get 55% gives an error and does not install.
    My mouse does not work and the video drivers are in the standard 800x600

6. MauroL

MauroL Bit poster

Someone managed to solve this error?
    Version 10.2.2. (29105)
    When installing the Paralles Tools, the previous version was all excellent!
    I install this new version and stopped the mouse and video drivers do not recognize the video.

this erro down in 55%
    Captura de Tela 2015-07-24 às 15.47.24.png

7. @MauroL , did you try any of solutions above? For ex. sfc /scannow command or manual Parallels Tools installation?

8. Dominic_Richardson

Dominic_Richardson Bit poster

Same issue, latest parallels and win 10 guest OS.

9. DragoG

DragoG Bit poster

I ran the parallel tools installation as an administrator as suggested above and the tools installed successfully. The solution fixed the issue for me.

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Dominic_Richardson, please install Parallels Tools with administrator privileges, if you still having the issue, please create a Problem Report for the virtual machine as described here and provide us with the Problem Report ID.

11. CarlosG4

CarlosG4 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem here, Windows 10 Anniversay Edition, 32-bits. Manual installaltion reports Plug & Play service unavailable, even if it's reported to be running on Services console.

Attached Files:

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please check out the following steps to fixed the issue:
    1. Connect USB device to virtual machine and create problem report (Actions > Send Technical Data) and save the ID.
    2. Shut down your virtual machine.
    3. Unplug all possible USB devices from host.
    4. Turn off shared camera, shared Bluetooth, shared printers:
    - Open virtual machine settings ( http://kb.parallels.com/117287 ) > Hardware > USB & Bluetooth > Be sure that Automatic sharing of Web cameras and Bluetooth devices is unchecked.
    5. Go to the Boot Order tab > Boot Flags and type the following flags:
    devices.usb.keyboard=0; devices.usb.mouse=0
    6. Start the virtual machine to reinstall Parallels Tools and check how it works.

13. GerhardK5

GerhardK5 Bit poster

I am very upset about Parallels right now. I've been using the virtual machine with Windows 10 for a while now, and it's always worked well so far. Since 2 weeks no longer. After calling the virtual machine after the last update, the installation of Parallels Tools started. This could not be completed. It was only displayed that due to a problem the installation could not be completed and the virtual machine should be restarted. After that the same game. Since then I have now spent oodles of hours trying to fix the problem. I have read all the support posts on the subject and followed the advice. Nothing has worked. Even with the manual installation it did not lead to success. The installation routine started until the error "Failed to install driverprl_tg" was displayed. After that a rollback occurred and that was it. Also trying to restore the virtual machine from a backup resulted in the same problem.

I don't know what to do anymore. I can't use Parallels like this. Does anyone have any tips?

14. Hi, please check this KB article

15. GerhardK5

GerhardK5 Bit poster

Hello Maria,
    I have now tried everything described in this KB article. That all worked, but not the installation of Parallels Tools, that still does not work. I have now wasted a bunch of time again and it still doesn't work. I am really annoyed. What can I do now?

I also have to say that I never had this problem before. It's only been occurring since the last Parallels update, in my opinion. I have a second computer on which I have not installed the update. It still runs flawlessly. But what to do now, if all described measures do not help?

Many greetings
    Gerhard

16. Thank you for your reply and provided information.
    Did you get any specific error message during the Parallels Tools installation?

17. GerhardK5

GerhardK5 Bit poster

Hello Maria,
    the error message ist "Failed to install driverprl_tg. After the error message appears, a rollback is performed. I attach screenshots of the individual steps.
    upload_2021-4-4_10-1-21.png

upload_2021-4-4_10-1-39.png

upload_2021-4-4_10-2-3.png

upload_2021-4-4_10-2-24.png

upload_2021-4-4_10-2-39.png

upload_2021-4-4_9-59-12.png

upload_2021-4-4_10-3-25.png

upload_2021-4-4_10-3-43.png

upload_2021-4-4_10-3-57.png

Attached Files: