Can't install parallels tools

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PeterB14, Dec 7, 2016.

1. PeterB14

PeterB14 Bit poster

Hi.
    I have been trying to install parallels tools onto a bootcamp partition and I keep getting an error. I sent a report in with ID 134788073. If you could let me know of any issues/solutions?

Thanks

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello PeterB14,
    Try to uninstall existing Parallels Tools from control panel then try to reinstall it and check.

3. PeterB14

PeterB14 Bit poster

The thing is it is a new bootcamp installation and there is no previous installation of Parallels Tools. There is no parallels tools in the control panel to uninstall.

4. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Please disable Antivirus(if installed), Windows firewall and Windows defender before installing Parallels Tools.
    Once disabled, perform the steps outlined in this article & keep us posted.
    Note: We recommend you to take snapshot before applying the above instructions.

5. PeterB14

PeterB14 Bit poster

I have tried all of the above already and had no luck still.

6. RogerC4

RogerC4 Bit poster

It won't let me reinstall tools. The box has greyed out letters saying "installing Parallels Tools"

7. RogerC4

RogerC4 Bit poster

Please reply to my follow up messages

8. RogerC4

RogerC4 Bit poster

At last I've resolved the problem. Managed to shut down windows. When it reopened it reinstalled tools automatically. The curser is now working.

9. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Glad to know that your Parallels Tools installation issue has been resolved. Please reach us out if you have any questions in future.