ollow http://kb.parallels.com/en/4790 first, then install build 5626
I've been having similar problems, when I try to upgrade to the latest build. I received a notice about the build through the automatic updates and did the download and installation. Once this was started the machine hung-up with the spinning beachball.
I have an Intel IMAC (MAC OS X V10.5.5, 2.4 Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM), and Parallels Desktop 3.0, Build 5160 (September 13, 2007). I'm running Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3. (This XP is actually an upgrade version.)
When I checked for help on this problem, I came across this thread. The recommended action is to remove Parallels and then re-install. This seems a bit much, as the original install took a bit of time. If my Parallels is running fine right now, do I need the latest build? What is it supposed to correct?
Are there any other solutions other than re-installing the Parallels software? If this is the only option, has anyone doen this and been able to load the latest build successfully?