Can't install Windows 10 Enterprise from ISO

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GlennW1, Dec 15, 2017.

1. GlennW1

GlennW1 Bit poster

I've downloaded a copy of Windows 10 Enterprise from my msdn subscription and have tried to install it. It starts the installation process and then gives me the message "Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure the installation sources ave valid and restart the installation.

I've downloaded the file twice and I've got the same message for both.

Any Ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @GlennW1, please check the size of the Windows 10 ISO image file that you have downloaded and also uncheck "Express installation", do not enter the activation key and proceed with the installation and check if it works.
    Thanks

3. GlennW1

GlennW1 Bit poster

Where do I uncheck "Express installation"?
    Currently I am selecting the + sign on the control center and then selecting "Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image file". I then select the ISO and then tell the wizard that I am using it for Software Development and select continue it then asks for a name and location and starts the installation. I'm not sure how to uncheck Express installation

4. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

5. I'm having the same exact issue; windows says there's no ISO found. The ISO is valid. I'm going to try and uncheck the license number and see if that works. I'll report back.

6. Ok unchecking the license key brings me to a screen to select which edition of Windows to use, but ENTERPRISE isn't one of them.
    Ridiculous.

7. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

It should list all versions supported by your ISO.
    Suggests the download link you have used is not including the Enterprise version.
    I did have problems a while ago, with the official MS link for Enterprise on an earlier version, not actually giving the Enterprise version.... :(

8. Hey Roger. I figured out that Microsoft's Volume Licensing (which I believe is the only avenue to obtain the Enterprise edition?) offers three different Enterprise builds through their portal: the original 1703 build .ISO, 1709 .ISO and the dreaded 1803 .ISO. I was trying to use the 1803 build which DOES NOT WORK. I wound up using the original 1703 ISO and it worked fine. Hopefully Parallels will warn potential Enterprise customers of this glitch while trying to get the 1803 build to work with their Assistant.

Philip