Can't see the content of 11 external HDs on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by WhoK, Dec 27, 2019.

1. WhoK

WhoK Bit poster

Not sure whether this is the correct place to put this, however, I'm sure somebody with much more knowledge about these things can answer my questions.
    I successfully installed my Surface Pro 7 (Windows 10) onto my MacBook Pro 2017 using Catalina. All went remarkably well but I have the following 2 questions.
    1. I have 11 external HDs (including TIME MACHINE) attached to my MacBook Pro. However, I can see them all in Windows 10 but when I try to open them they are "empty"
    Screenshot 2019-12-28 11.17.37.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-28 11.18.47.png
    2. I have a 512 GB ScanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC plugged into my Surface Pro 7 which isn't showing. Should it? Or is there show fine tuning that needs to be done for these disks to show as in the case of 2. or the contents in the case of the external HD's?
    Hoping somebody might be able to provide a little guidance on these two issues. Other than that, the whole procedure went extremely well and I'm very satisfied.

Thanking you in advance.
    Whokuni
    Tokyo, Japan

2. WhoK

WhoK Bit poster

Screenshot 2019-12-28 11.29.33.png Sorry I forgot to include the "properties" screenshot of that 6TB GENERAL disk

3. WhoK

WhoK Bit poster

Ok, after some guessing I found that I could in fact access all my external drives when in Parallels Access in Windows 10 and I was able to read and write to them. However, it still doesn't solve the 512 GB ScanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC plugged into my Surface Pro 7 not showing up in Windows 10 withinParallels Desktop on my MacBook Pro.
    Attached is it showing up on my Surface Pro 7. Can somebody please tell me whether this should be the case or am I missing something or some fine tuning needs to be done in order to access my canDisk Ultra MicroSDXC within Parallels Desktop on my MacBook Pro? Sorry for repeating myself, but I just want to make sure of what is and what is not possible within these two applications.
    This is not showing up in Windows 10 on Parallels Desktop.png
    Thanking you in advance,
    Whokuni