Hello:
I am trying to get parallels to open my bootcamp drive which has Vista loaded onto it.
I am running OS 10.5 build 9A466 on a Macbook Pro 2.16 Core Duo with 2GB of ram.
The machine boots into vista just fine in Bootcamp as the startup drive, but when I run Parallels (Build 5158 RC 2) I get the following error message:
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language setting and click "next"
3. Click "Repair your Computer"
If you do not have this disc, contact your System Administrator or your computer Manufacturer for assistance.
Status: 0xc0000225
Info: Windows failed to load because the firmware (BIOS) is not ACPI compatible."
I have tried to start up with my windows Vista disc, but it still keeps coming back to this message.
I was able to boot prevously into Vista, but when Parallels was intalling Parallels Tools something seemed to happen that caused a problem, because i get a dialog box over the above screen that states "Parallels Tools Initialization is in Progress..." even though I had already installe Parallels Tools?
Any help as to how I can resolve this issue to boot off of my Bootcamp partition would be appreciated. As stated I can boot into Vista directly and it works fine, but would much prefer to boot up "virtually" to use the occasional windows program.
Thanks in advance.
Guydb
I am trying to get parallels to open my bootcamp drive which has Vista loaded onto it.
I am running OS 10.5 build 9A466 on a Macbook Pro 2.16 Core Duo with 2GB of ram.
The machine boots into vista just fine in Bootcamp as the startup drive, but when I run Parallels (Build 5158 RC 2) I get the following error message:
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language setting and click "next"
3. Click "Repair your Computer"
If you do not have this disc, contact your System Administrator or your computer Manufacturer for assistance.
Status: 0xc0000225
Info: Windows failed to load because the firmware (BIOS) is not ACPI compatible."
I have tried to start up with my windows Vista disc, but it still keeps coming back to this message.
I was able to boot prevously into Vista, but when Parallels was intalling Parallels Tools something seemed to happen that caused a problem, because i get a dialog box over the above screen that states "Parallels Tools Initialization is in Progress..." even though I had already installe Parallels Tools?
Any help as to how I can resolve this issue to boot off of my Bootcamp partition would be appreciated. As stated I can boot into Vista directly and it works fine, but would much prefer to boot up "virtually" to use the occasional windows program.
Thanks in advance.
Guydb