Can't uninstall Parallels Tools without Parallels VM?

FUCK PARALLELS

Bit poster
Last weekend I finally got around to updating our 24" C2E iMac to Snow Leopard.
After the upgrade, Parallels 3 wouldn't start. Because of issues I've had with Parallels
upgrades in the past, and because Parallels refuses to provide a way to turn off the
upgrade nag messages in the newer versions, I have reluctantly migrated my virtual
disk to VMWare.

But now, I cannot uninstall Parallels tools, because the installer detects that I'm not
running the system in Parallels. I've searched, but have not found a standalone
uninstaller for Parallels Tools. Is there no way to to this without a bunch of registry
editing?

As a long time Parallels user, I've always been partial to Parallels, but lately, things just
keep piling up that will only cause me to write Parallels off from any future consideration.
So sad, because there are things I still really like about Parallels.
 
Back
Top