Capture Area Problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by LouN, Nov 10, 2018.

1. LouN

LouN Bit poster

Since upgrading to Desktop 14, Toolbox 3.0 and Mojave, the Capture Area tool does not work most of the time. When trying to capture a screen are on Safari or FireFox, most times it will take the right hand 1/3 or so of the browser screen and put it on the left hand side of the screen. It does not act this way 100% of the time but I would say 80-90% of the time. I have not been able to determine any specific patterns to it. Could be when I have one tab open or many. I do have a screen recording but it seems I can't upload video files or at least .mov.

Thanks

Edit: I should add that all seems to be working find when I do the Capture Area in the Windows machine. The problem is only occurring on the Mac side.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @LouN , please upload the video in Youtube or any online portals and share us the link.

3. LouN

LouN Bit poster

Here you go, let me know if you need any other information.

4. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hi @LouN
    thank you for reporting this issue.

Could you provide us with technical details to investigate and fix this issue:
    Open Toolbox --> Press on cogwheel (right top corner) --> Help --> Send Technical Details.
    Send technical details report and post it's ID here.

5. LouN

LouN Bit poster

Hello @sergk I shutdown last night and so far this morning with my testing I have not had the problem. I'm pretty sure I have restarted a few times since experiencing this problem so that be just be a coincidence or a small test test. I sent the details just in case and the id is 284514861.

Thanks

6. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Thanks for the info.
    We're going to figure out the reason of your issue anyway.

LouN likes this.