Catalina file permissions

MatthewH9

Bit poster
Hi just enabled Catalina as a beta. However I now can't transfer files from my Mac to the Windows desktop. It just says that permissions are denied does anyone have any ideas please.
 
Hi just enabled Catalina as a beta. However I now can't transfer files from my Mac to the Windows desktop. It just says that permissions are denied does anyone have any ideas please.
Hi, please try to reinstall Parallels Tools and check, if it doesn't help, please reproduce the issue, then right after that create the problem report and reply us back with the report ID.
 
I encountered the same problem. First, I realized that I was using iCloud Drive for Desktop and Documents. This is somehow the root of the problem.

How I solved: Shut down your Windows VM. In Parallels Settings: Options/Sharing/Sharing Mac I set up the following: Share Folders: All disks. Custom Folders: Add Desktop on your Mac. Shared profile: Check "Share Mac user folders...." Configure: UNCHECK ALL BUT DOWNLOADS, especially Desktop and Documents. Check "Share cloud folders with Windows. Check "Map Mac volumes to Windows.

Now Restart your VM. Your Mac Desktop items will not be on your Windows Desktop. However in Windows File Explorer your Desktop and Documents in iCloud will be shared drives under "This PC". I put a shortcut to my Desktop and Documents on my Windows Desktop. This seems to work for me.

Looking forward to the update to get things back to normal.

Cheers
 
Back
Top