CentOS installation in Parallels - GNOME and password issues

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by ClareS, Dec 13, 2018.

1. ClareS

ClareS Bit poster

Hi

I am trying to install CentOS so that I can run Linux in Parallels on my Macbook. I am following the instructions in this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124121

I have the following problems:

1) If I choose express installation or even manual installation, as long as I go with the default of GNOME, the installation hangs at about the time that the GNOME Display Manager is started.

2) If I use manual installation and choose KDE instead of GNOME, I get further on in the installation. But when I get to the step where I have to reboot and then sign in, it won't accept my user name and password. I have tried using the user name and password which I entered as root password during installation, but this doesn't work. I don't know what other credentials to use? What am I doing wrong?

2. ClareS

ClareS Bit poster

Phew, I managed to solve this. Sadly it wasn't clear to me that the username it wanted was "root" rather than the user name I entered during the installation process.

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ClareS, We are glad to hear that you resolved the issue and thank you for the information shared here. Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.