Certificate error in Windows browser - Kaspersky anti-virus

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HOME5, Jul 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HOME5

HOME5 Bit poster

Hi!

When I try to connect to internet on Windows I get 'This site is not secure' error. It says 'Your PC doesn't trust this website's security certificate. Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA'.

Nothing I have tried from reading on different forums worked to fix this.

The cause seems to be with the Kaspersky Internet Security, which is running on MAC in background. I have no AV on Windows, only KIS on MacOS. When I disable KAS, the error disappears. When I turn KIS on back, I am stuck with it.

I really need help and advice, please! Don't know what to do and whether to try some mess with settings with KIS or with Windows or where, its killing me..

Thanks for any help!

2. HOME5

HOME5 Bit poster

Resolved it.
    If anyone interested, sorry for a noob explanation, but this is how it works.
    When KIS is installed it will be re-certifing some of the websites using its own certificate. This certificate is normally automatically added as trusted when you install KIS. Unless you install KIS on MAC only but not on Windows, in which case this intermediate certificate is not known to and not trusted by Windows.
    Solution:
    Copy your KIS certificate from Mac (located Library/Caches/com.kaspersky.kav/***.cer)
    Import it into Windows (control panel-internet security-internet options-content-certificates-import)

PaulE3 likes this.
  3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi HOME5,
    We are glad that you are taking the time to share the workaround with all the users

4. PaulE3

PaulE3 Bit poster

Awesome explanation, but doesn't work. I run Kaspersky (VERY prominent and respected AV) like you, but don't have the certificates anywhere you are suggesting... The Windows VM is COMPLETELY UNUSABLE!!!!! VirtualBox was 200% better in regard to all of this, at least it worked. What do I have to do to function with Kaspersky?

5. PaulE3

PaulE3 Bit poster

OK!!! Here's the official doc that actually works:

1.) Install Windows 10 via whatever means you like.
    2.) Open up [Keychain Access] on your Mac
    3.) Find and export "Kaspersky Web Anti-Virus Certificate Authority"
    4.) Copy to Windows
    5.) Doubleclick to install, follow prompts
    6.) In the windows Cotantana search type in "MMC"
    7.) Click "File" then "Add Add/Remove Snap-in"
    8.) Select "Certificates" then "Computer Account", then "Local Computer"
    9.) Click "OK"
    10.) Ok... NOW, click the drill downs into BOTH [Trusted Root Certification Authorities] and [Intermediate Certificate Authorities]
    11.) Find "Kaspersky Web Anti-Virus Certificate Authority" in [Intermediate Certificate Authorities\Certificates] and drag it into [Trusted Root Certification Authorities\Certificates]. Accept any prompts.
    12.) Boom. Just fixed yer VM.

Parallels: Pathetic response here. Kaspersky is a premium AV brand and there is ZERO excuse to not have official documentation on this. Your customers should not be having to figure out this issue by ourselves and should be given very clear documentation to help. Nothing is available.

6. JonS9

JonS9 Bit poster

Brilliant! Thankyou PaulE3 fixed mine. Cheers!