Change RAM

Eranthius

Bit poster
Hi guys! New to the forums here, been digging around - there is a LOT of info in here. Good stuff!! I'm sure my question lies in the vault that is this forum, but how do I adjust how much RAM is allotted to Parallels? I have 8GB to spread around, I just can't figure out how to change it...

Thanks much!

-E
 
Make sure your VM is shut down completely, not suspended. With the shut down VM window open, either go to Configuration from the Virtual Machine menu or click the little tool icon at the bottom of the VM window. On the General tab, you can specify how much memory to allocate to the VM. On the Hardware tab, you can specify how much VRAM to allocate.

Steve
 
virtual machine RAM - how to chnage it...

Ok, trying to follow this instruction but as soon as I shut down the virtual machine Parallels shuts down at the same time. ARRRGH, what am I doing wrong ? Please help. TIA. WINDOWS 7 MACBOOK PRO PARALLELS 6 8GB MEMORY


******************AHA !! ********************

NEVER MIND. I figured it out. I had to change a setting in the config to LEAVE THE WINDOW OPEN when the VIRTUAL MACHINE IS SHUT DOWN. Bloody amazing. Problem SOLVED !!!!!

Thanks anyways.

*******************AHA !! ********************
 
Last edited:
Back
Top