Chrome Performance

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by NewZeroRiot, May 25, 2018.

1. NewZeroRiot

NewZeroRiot Junior Member

Morning; i'm having all sorts of issues with Chrome performance on my Windows 10 installation, to the points that i created a new VM but I still had the same performance issues.

Sites like Bitbucket are pretty much unusable for me, the CPU usage regularly hits 100% even scrolling the smallest of pages. I tried changing the graphics settings, allocating more RAM/CPU etc but nothing seems to be helping even following support guides on here.

My system is a new 2017 2.9 GHz Macbook Pro with 16gb RAM with Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB/Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Does anyone else have this same issue? The bigger the web page the worse it gets.

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello NewZeroRiot, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow http://bit.ly/1jbXVsI to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

3. NewZeroRiot

NewZeroRiot Junior Member

Reinstalling last week did nothing but there was an update to tools today and it certainly seems like it has performance now, larger pages are still slow, but will keep you updated, cheers!

4. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

I'm also having an issue with Chrome/Edge. Just opening a tab takes about 2 seconds to finish rendering, whereas on MacOS it's under a second.

5. Hi, what is your Parallels Desktop version?

6. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

Version 16.

7. Did you update to the latest build 16.1.1.?

8. Davidj39

Davidj39 Bit poster

Hello,
    You have a problem in your Chrome browser then go to Settings by click on the three dots in the right corner then top search bar search reset then reset the default settings it will work smoothly.
    Thanks
    David Jack

Maria@Parallels likes this.