Hello
I currently have a mid-2014 MBP (i7-4980HQ 2.8GHz) running Big Sur v 11.6 and Windows 10 Pro (build 19041.630) via Parallels v17.1.0. I have a new MBP with the M1 Max arriving in a couple of weeks time. My basic question is what are the steps I should be going through to have Windows/Parallels running on the new MBP? (The old MBP will be reset for passing to a new user.)
Should I move everything across to the new MBP via Migration Assistant and then let Windows do any updates?
Should I deregister Parallels on the old MBP then install a fresh copy of Parallels and Windows 10 Pro on the new MBP?
Or do I deregister Parallels on the old MBP, install Parallels on the new MBP, download and install the Windows Client ARM64 Insider Preview VHDX image? (However, if I do this, how does the VHDX image know that I have a valid copy of Windows 10 Pro?)
I currently have a mid-2014 MBP (i7-4980HQ 2.8GHz) running Big Sur v 11.6 and Windows 10 Pro (build 19041.630) via Parallels v17.1.0. I have a new MBP with the M1 Max arriving in a couple of weeks time. My basic question is what are the steps I should be going through to have Windows/Parallels running on the new MBP? (The old MBP will be reset for passing to a new user.)
Should I move everything across to the new MBP via Migration Assistant and then let Windows do any updates?
Should I deregister Parallels on the old MBP then install a fresh copy of Parallels and Windows 10 Pro on the new MBP?
Or do I deregister Parallels on the old MBP, install Parallels on the new MBP, download and install the Windows Client ARM64 Insider Preview VHDX image? (However, if I do this, how does the VHDX image know that I have a valid copy of Windows 10 Pro?)