I have read dozens of posts and the release notes of Parallels 17.1, and it is still very confusing.
I now have Windows 10 running on an Intel MAC (Parallels 17.1) that is on Big Sur
I have a new MacBook Pro with an M1 MAX coming in the next 2 weeks that will be running Monterey. When I migrate to that machine, I am hoping my Parallels and and Windows 10 files will migrate as well. And then update to Windows 11 (I will move the Parallel's license to the new machine)
Is there a step by step to go to guide as to "what to do when" to make a conversion of the virtual machine to run on the M1? And when to upgrade to Windows 11? Am I better off upgrading the VM to 11 before moving to a new Mac?
I know that bits and pieces of the answers are buried in the many postings, however I have not been able to find a guide to achieve what I need.
THANKS
I now have Windows 10 running on an Intel MAC (Parallels 17.1) that is on Big Sur
I have a new MacBook Pro with an M1 MAX coming in the next 2 weeks that will be running Monterey. When I migrate to that machine, I am hoping my Parallels and and Windows 10 files will migrate as well. And then update to Windows 11 (I will move the Parallel's license to the new machine)
Is there a step by step to go to guide as to "what to do when" to make a conversion of the virtual machine to run on the M1? And when to upgrade to Windows 11? Am I better off upgrading the VM to 11 before moving to a new Mac?
I know that bits and pieces of the answers are buried in the many postings, however I have not been able to find a guide to achieve what I need.
THANKS