clean install w10 education is that totally even mac ?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by dirks1, Nov 21, 2015.

1. dirks1

dirks1 Bit poster

Hello, I'm newby and a Dutchman so my English is a little bit poor. What's the case. I bought parallels and w10 education as a teacher. The w10-education is an upgrade so after I installed parallels I first installed an old Vista to legitimate the w10 upgrade. But in the install manual Microsoft says that a clean install from an iso file not only will over-scribe my Vista but all of my data. Now I'm afraid that it also will destroy my Mac-data or is that not true/ a mistake ?

How would you advise me to install ? From a Iso or seeking connection from parallels/Vista en then downloading/run the upgrade ? Or as I planned downloading the ISO install file and making a clean install ?

Thank you so much.
    Dirk

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Dirks1,
    You will need to install the windows 10 education inside the Vista Virtual machine, if you didn't download the windows 10 in your Vista vm, use the information in this knowledge-base article:http://kb.parallels.com/8638 to attach the win 10 iso to the vm, or you can put the iso onto a flash drive (large enough at least 4gb). Next open/start your vm. insert your thumb drive you will be asked if where you want the thumb drive to be used. select your vista vm. once the thumb drive has mounted double click the Win10_Academic... iso to install. Follow the prompts to install, it will only install inside your vm. You can prevent sharing of any information from mac to vm by using these instructions: http://kb.parallels.com/en/122567.
    Hope this helps. Please remember to install or re install Parallel Tools.

3. dirks1

dirks1 Bit poster

Hallo Kat,
    Thank you so much for your clear en widely answer, it seems really en totally helpful. Now I'm more confident to start it up.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

You are welcome Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help.