Closing the magnifier

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MikeFromMesa, Dec 21, 2017.

1. MikeFromMesa

MikeFromMesa Bit Poster

I need to use the Windows magnifier with some of the apps I run under Windows because the labels are often so small that I can not easily see them. I first tried to change the resolution, but that usually made some of the dialog boxes too large to use as the OK and Panel buttons were no longer on the screen. I then tried to change the display size, but that caused some items within the dialog boxes to either not display properly or to not display at all. That led me to the magnifier, and it works properly, sort of.

I can start the magnifier by using the keyboard shortcut Cmd+, and I can close it down when the magnifier dialog box (the one with the +, - and setup icons) displays, but it does not always display. The Cmd-esc combination is supposed to close it down, at least according to the documentation, but it does nothing on my system (well, nothing visible anyway), so I was wondering what keyboard shortcut should terminate the magnifier. If the magnifier dialog is not open the only way I found to close it was to use the Task Manager, but there must be an easier way to terminate the app.

2. kat

kat Product Expert

3. MikeFromMesa

MikeFromMesa Bit Poster

Thank you again!

I had no idea that I needed to add that to the current set of keyboard shortcuts. I thought it was pre-set by Parallels, so this has been a good couple of days for learning.

4. kat

kat Product Expert

Happy I could help.
    kat