Coherence and sharing with Windows 10 VM on OSX El Capitan

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Jeroenv2, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Jeroenv2

Jeroenv2 Bit poster

Hi,

I have bought the latest Parallels and upgraded my MAC to El Capitan. After that, my Windows 10 VM will no longer work in Coherence, can not use the "print to MAC desktop" feature, the clipboard doesn't work between MAC and Windows, and some folders are missing in Windows Explorer. It seems related to disk permissions, but El Capitan does not have the "repair disk permissions" function anymore. How can I fix this? Thanks!!

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please update Parallels Tools from Action(from Mac menu bar) and choose "Update Parallels Tools" and check how it works.

3. EricL4

EricL4 Bit poster

I too am having same problem. I was running W7 under Parallels 9/Mavericks, and since yesterday I'm running W10 under Parallels 11/El Capitan. I cannot share clipboard with either W7 or W10, nor can I copy clipboard content from Windows back into OS X. I can copy to clipboard from OSX and (within OSX) I can paste this into Notes. The configure options are both set to share clipboard to W7 and W10. The Parallels tools have been reinstalled. W7 and W10 have been restarted. Please, what next? Is there an interaction between W7 and W10? Thanks.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  4. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello EricL4,
    If Parallels tools are reinstalled, then make sure that the Windows VMs are not isolated from host Mac, Configure>Security.

5. EricL4

EricL4 Bit poster

Thanks for your response. No, the isolation box was not checked. However, I fixed the problem by shutting everything down and starting the machine from cold. I have to say in passing that I find Parallels a bit hard to find one's way around. It would be helpful, if Preferences and Configure were lumped together and made easy to find. If there is a fine nuance in the difference for the developers, it's all the same to the new user.

6. Hello EricL4,
    We are glad that your issue is resolved.
    Thanks for providing us the feedback, we will try to escalate your feedback to the concerned team.