Coherence mode and screen resolution

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KristofferA, Nov 7, 2016.

1. KristofferA

KristofferA Bit poster

I am using OS X EL Capitan on Imac 5K, Par. Desktop 11, Windows 10 in order to use Win Remote Desktop.

This has been working fine for months after I initially had some trouble adjusting the screen resolution in Windows 10 which was too big, too small icons. One day I accidentially hit the Coherence blue ball and exited it thereafter. When I booted Win10 next time, the screen resolution was again wrong / too big resolution. It was like the Coherence mode extracted some settings from the MAC OS...

I have the "Keep Ratio" and "Best for Retina" boxes checked in Parallels Tools.

I cant use the Scaling function in Win10 because then all boxes and buttons in the applications I am using through the Remote Desktop get all mis-matched. I have also tried restore defaults and checking Keep Ratio again. If I do nothing my application/software boxes in the Remote Desktop get way too small.

Please help.

2. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @KristofferA ,
    Please reinstall Parallels Tools and set the display settings to "scaled". Also, change the Scale to fit screen to Auto and check how it goes!

3. KristofferA

KristofferA Bit poster

How do I set the display settings to scaled?

4. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Keep the virtual machine in focus and select view > Retina resolution > Scaled from the menu bar.

5. KristofferA

KristofferA Bit poster

Solution!:)

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Great! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!