Coherence mode not showing entire window in 18.3

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by johnrellis, May 20, 2023.

1. johnrellis

johnrellis Junior Member

I just updated to Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition 18.3 on Mac OS 13.4, and I'm running Microsoft Outlook 365 on a Windows 11 guest. When I click the Reply button, a reply window pops up that is incorrectly cropped to Outlook's main window. Moving the reply window causes it to appear in its entirety. See this screen recording:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41nbdbunfffsnh/parallels-coherence-bug.2023.05.20.mp4?dl=0

I tried restarting the host computer and restarting the guest VM, to no avail. I was forced to restore 18.2 from Time Machine backups since I was unable to find a download link for 18.2 after 10 minutes of searching :-<

2. johnrellis

johnrellis Junior Member

Also, the computer is a Macbook Pro, Apple M2 Max.

3. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    For us to further investigate the issue, kindly provide us with the below information:
    1. Using Parallels Desktop 18.3, kindly collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    2. Use the link below to download and install the build 18.2 of Parallels Desktop using this link: https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v18/18.2.0-53488/ParallelsDesktop-18.2.0-53488.dmg
    (When prompted to update to the latest version, kindly do not update to latest build and use current version).
    3. If the issue does not persist with Parallels Desktop build 18.2, kindly collect a second technical report from the working build as well.
    Thank you!

4. NadymS

NadymS Bit poster

I have exactly the same issue here - if that is of any help.

5. johnrellis

johnrellis Junior Member

The 18.3 report id: 426588172.

The 18.2 report id: 426588385

Thanks much.

6. Umid

Umid Bit poster

I just bought parallels students not working can you cheack it whats going on . I need my refund back .

7. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello Umid,

For more investigation, kindly provide with the following information:
    1. Detailed explanation of the issue.
    2. Screenshot of the issue, if any.

Thank you

8. AidanD2

AidanD2 Bit poster

I have exactly this issue. Shame. Was really looking forward to this update, as it lists the fix for the random grey box when in coherence mode.

But now it breaks outlook windows. Hope ye have a fix soon. Have reverted back to 18.2 without issue.

9. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Hello,

Today we released Parallels Desktop 18.3.1 update in which this issue has been fixed.

Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest version and let us know if you encounter the issue.

Mikhail Ushakov likes this.
  10. johnrellis

johnrellis Junior Member

18.3.1 is looking good for me so far...

Mikhail Ushakov likes this.
  11. TimM16

TimM16 Bit poster

I have 18.3.1 and still have the Outlook window issue.

12. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hi @TimM16 ,
    Would you reproduce the issue again and collect a fresh technical report at the moment of reproduction, please? Right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report. Provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

13. TimM16

TimM16 Bit poster

Tech data sent: ID:

14. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

As I can see, you're still running Parallels Desktop 18.3.0, while the issue has been fixed in Parallels Desktop 18.3.1. Kindly update the product to the latest version.

15. TimM16

TimM16 Bit poster

I was running 18.3.1 and still had the problem. I called support, they instructed to downgrade to 18.3.0. Problem still exists. I believe it is parallel tools. I uninstalled..still have the problem. Never had a problem with this issue until upgrade to 18.3.1. 18.2 worked fine. I skipped 18.3.0 so I believe if I downgrade to 18.2.x it will work fine. Can you please send me link for download?

16. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello Tim,

Please use the following link https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v18/18.2.0-53488/ParallelsDesktop-18.2.0-53488.dmg to download the version 18.2.0.
    Let us know the results once you have installed this version.

If it the issue persists, please send us a technical report > Right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report. Provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

Thanks

17. TimM16

TimM16 Bit poster

Just installed 18.3.2 with high hopes - nope! Same problem as above with the outlook new email or reply to email problem....

18. blueridge

blueridge Junior Member

I have a similar problem. Coherence; Parallels 18.3.2; Ventura 13.5; Tradestation 10. Sent technical report 432255230. Top of window off screen and cannot reach menu or grab bar
    upload_2023-8-2_16-27-6.jpeg

Attached Files: