Command Tab *out* of virtual machine

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Rich Breen, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Rich Breen

Rich Breen Bit poster

Hi there - I'm running an older Mac OS in a virtual machine on my Mojave machine. In either coherence or not in coherence mode, I can command-tab *into* the virtual machine, but once I'm in it the command-tab only switches between apps running in the virtual machine - how can I get it to behave so that command-tab continues to switch between all apps on the computer? IOW, I want to command-tab *into* the desired app on the virtual machine, but then command-tab *back* to the app I was in previously that was outside of the virtual machine.

Thanks in advance!
    rich

2. Hello, what is your Parallels Desktop version?
    Also could you provide us with the screenshots of the issue?

3. Rich Breen

Rich Breen Bit poster

v16.0.0. Don't know what you mean by screenshots of the issue; you command-tab into an application in the virtual machine from outside of the virtual machine - then command-tab only takes you between apps *within* the virtual machine - seems there should be a way to command-tab OUT of the virtual machine like every other app on the computer. How am I supposed to take a screenshot of that?

4. Rich Breen

Rich Breen Bit poster

5. Rich Breen

Rich Breen Bit poster

bump. anyone?

6. Rich Breen

Rich Breen Bit poster

By the way, now v16.0.1

7. Please sorry for the delay in response.
    Please share with us a screenshot of the following settings:
    Parallels Desktop preferences -> Shortcuts ->macOS system shortcuts

Looking forward to your reply.

8. Rich Breen

Rich Breen Bit poster

9. Thanks a lot, could you please change "Send macOS system shortcuts" to "Always" and check the issue.