Hi,
Not only am I new to Parallels but also to Mac and I'd really appreciate some getting started help and reducing the feeling of overwhelm.
I've purchased an OEM version of XP Pro from Amazon and will install this using Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro.
Will the OEM installation register or should I have a full retail version?
I have Parallels 4.0 installed.
When registering XP Pro at the time of Bootcamp installation, will I then be able to use the same product code for the Parallels XP Pro installation, or do I need 2 product codes?
The introduction video mentions that it's possible to migrate an existing PC. Will this migrate the XP Pro OS as well, including the product code, from my old laptop?
Many thanks in anticipation of some great help.
Not only am I new to Parallels but also to Mac and I'd really appreciate some getting started help and reducing the feeling of overwhelm.
I've purchased an OEM version of XP Pro from Amazon and will install this using Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro.
Will the OEM installation register or should I have a full retail version?
I have Parallels 4.0 installed.
When registering XP Pro at the time of Bootcamp installation, will I then be able to use the same product code for the Parallels XP Pro installation, or do I need 2 product codes?
The introduction video mentions that it's possible to migrate an existing PC. Will this migrate the XP Pro OS as well, including the product code, from my old laptop?
Many thanks in anticipation of some great help.