config.pvs option list

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Paul987, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Paul987

Paul987 Bit poster

Does anyone have a complete option list for the config.pvs file or is there somewhere online I can find it?

I have the Parallels Desktop Advanced VM Configuration pdf, but it doesn't list all of the options, just some of them.

Thanks.

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

Anything specific you want to know? I've played with the config.pvs quite extensively a while ago. I didn't ever make a list of what the individual flags do what but I've tried changing many of them, so I might be able to help.
    Before you change anything there, do: a) back up your VM b) back up (separately) your config.pvs. If your VM gets messed up after any change to config.pvs, just copy back the config.pvs backup. If that doesn't work, then copy back your whole VM backup. That's the beauty of VM's :)

3. RuneM

RuneM Bit poster

4. Padman

Padman Member

5. al2

al2 Bit poster

@Shaddam IV IN Vmware we can edit the vmx file .I added this there
    SMBIOS.reflectHost = "True"
    How can I do something similar in Parallels

6. mmika

mmika Pro

al2, what problem you are trying to solve?
    What Parallels version do you use?

7. al2

al2 Bit poster

Latest version for M1 mac.
    I wanted to run a software that only works on windows . It checks for vm by checking system manufaturer name like parallels, vmware and other popular ones. I don't have a windows and needed to run that software . I heard smbios.reflecthost = True works on vmware .vmx file.

8. mmika

mmika Pro

al2, this feature is not supported in 16.5.0-50692 for M1.