Connected to the Internet

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by jonathan_david, Jan 23, 2011.

1. jonathan_david

jonathan_david Hunter

Hi All.

I have software that needs to get periodically updated and this apparently means that while I personally don't need to access the internet from Windows my software does.

Would anyone mind walking me through the steps to confirm and or hook up Windows XP and Windows 7 to the internet for my desktop and my laptop respectively?

Thanks.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,

Make sure that VM is in Shared Networking mode and try to open some site in browser. If this doesn't help, please click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Destkop menu "Help"->"Report a Problem", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.

3. jonathan_david

jonathan_david Hunter

Hi Eric. Thank you very much.

Can I please ask you where I find Shared Networking Mode?

I will try and keep looking here.

4. mH2

mH2 Member

Open Parallels app. If you Parallels Virtual Machines don't show, Click menu [Windows]->[Virtual Machine List].
    Right Click on your VM and select Configure...

(If Paused then you may have to Resume first)

Click/Select the RAM icon marked "Hardware" at the top of the dialog box.

Mine has Network1. Click that.

Mine has [x] Connected checked, and Type:(Shared Network)

all works well...:)

5. jonathan_david

jonathan_david Hunter

thanks very much!

6. john lloydf

john lloydf Bit poster

I beforehand apologize for a newbie question. But can I ask if this is applicable to windows vista ultimate 64-bit?

7. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, please follow steps in message #2